This Los Angeles County Metro project aims to reduce traffic congestion in the northern LA/Santa Clarita area of the I-5 freeway by adding carpool lanes and more space for trucks.
Specific freeway enhancements include:
- Addition of one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV)/carpool lane in each direction along I-5
- Extension of the northbound truck lane from SR-14 to Calgrove Blvd
- Addition of southbound truck lane from Calgrove Blvd to SR-14
- Addition of soundwalls at four locations
- Replacement of Weldon Canyon Bridge
- Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) improvements between the I-405 and I-210 interchanges
- Addition of auxiliary lanes (additional outside lanes extending between an on-ramp and a subsequent off-ramp).
Twining is providing quality control services including materials testing and inspection services. We have committed a dedicated inspection team that will remain on this project through it’s completion, ensuring that we support Metro’s schedule for the project. Additionally, we are providing engineering oversight throughout the project.