This project consists of the renovation and expansion of the existing 15,798-square-foot historic courthouse located in the City of Willows. The existing courthouse was constructed in 1894 and will be expanded from a one-courtroom facility, to a three-courtroom facility, adding over 20,000-square-feet. Specific project details include:
- The removal of three small one-story additions and non-historic elevator
- Site utility scope including the separation of commingled state and county site utilities.
- Voluntary seismic upgrade to the existing 2-story masonry building.
- Existing courthouse:
- Replacement of non-historic exterior windows, replacement of roof and restoration of exterior finishes, new interior finishes, new toilet facilities and accessibility improvements.
- New mechanical, electrical, plumbing. Lighting and fire protection systems throughout.
- Construction of a new two-story addition with elevators to the south of the existing courthouse.
The new building is to be a single type IIIB structure without area separation walls or fire barriers to the existing building and upon completion aims to achieve LEED silver certification.
This project is being performed under an MSA with the Judicial Council of California. We are providing materials testing and inspection services.